A worker has been sentenced after breaching a prohibition notice for gas work and for leaving gas appliances in a dangerous state.
Mr Cody Stevens, an unregistered gas fitter operating as a director of Master Plumbing Contractors Limited, has today been fined for carrying out gas work without being registered with Gas Safe Register.
An unregistered gas fitter was handed a 26-month suspended sentence for carrying out gas work after his Gas Safe Registration had been removed and he had been prohibited from carrying out further work on gas appliances and fittings.
A Chelmsford based company and director have been fined after conducting gas work at a domestic property in Mount Pleasant, Maldon without being gas safe registered.
Asbestos Essentials online task sheets provide information for those in the building maintenance and allied trades on safe work with asbestos. The suite of free-to-download HSE Asbestos Essentials task sheets has been reviewed and updated. There is more emphasis on the importance of appropriate information, instruction and training. The sheets now indicate whether specific tasks are likely to be Non-Licensed or Notifiable Non-Licensed work (or when work requires the services of a licensed contractor). A revised edition of the hard copy priced publication, HSG210, will be available at a later date.
An Essex company who are specialists in gas infrastructure have been fined after an employee suffered serious injury when a pipe fell into the trench he was working in and struck him.
A man has been fined and given a suspended prison sentence after working on a number of boilers without being Gas Safe registered.
An unregistered gas fitter from Farnborough has been prosecuted for carrying out illegal gas work which was found to be unsafe.
A housing association has been prosecuted after allowing renovations to take place that put residents at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
This report describes a study, involving seven site visits, to develop evidence to inform HSE engagement with the industry on the prevention of carbon monoxide poisonings.