An unregistered gas fitter was handed a 26-month suspended sentence for carrying out gas work after his Gas Safe Registration had been removed and he had been prohibited from carrying out further work on gas appliances and fittings.
Marking British Science Week, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has today launched its Annual Science Review with a focus on its work in supporting a sustainable energy sector in the UK.
An agricultural engineering company was fined for serious safety failings after a worker was injured at its premises near Blackburn, Lancashire.
Llanharan Concrete Co. Limited has today been fined after a worker was injured when his glove got entangled with the moving blade of a table saw.
During national science week, HSE want to share a case study about how Crossrail’s commitment to its workforce uses a science and innovation approach to provide a safe and healthy working environment for drill operatives.
A construction firm has been fined after failing to safeguard the public and workers from an unsafe excavation and lifting operation, and not providing adequate welfare facilities for workers on site.
A construction company has been fined after it carried out unsafe and unlicensed asbestos removal during the refurbishment works in a junior school in Dursley.
A Chelmsford based company and director have been fined after conducting gas work at a domestic property in Mount Pleasant, Maldon without being gas safe registered.
A dairy farm has been fined after a farm worker was struck by a bull and suffered a serious leg injury.
Bellway Homes Ltd and A D Bly Construction Ltd have today been fined after a worker was struck by a telehandler.