An unregistered gas fitter was handed a 26-month suspended sentence for carrying out gas work after his Gas Safe Registration had been removed and he had been prohibited from carrying out further work on gas appliances and fittings.
A Midlands based company has been fined after an employee’s finger was severed at the company’s base in Roman Way, Rugby.
A haulage firm has been fined after a load from the top of a double-decked trailer fell onto a worker.
Moy Park Ltd has been fined after a worker was injured at the company’s site in Anwick near Sleaford, Lincolnshire
A Birmingham electrician has been ordered to carry out unpaid work in the community after his trainee fell three and a half metres through a plasterboard ceiling.
Multi-Stroke Ltd has been fined after a worker’s left hand was crushed, causing him to lose his thumb, index and middle fingers.
Coldmac Limited has been fined after one of its workers suffered life changing injuries to his hand which required surgical intervention.
Two roofing companies have been fined after a worker fell nine metres through a skylight onto concrete flooring below.
Gloucester Crown Court heard the 61-year-old man was working at the site on Eastgate Street on 29 May 2015. While trying to replace the traffic light pole he came into contact with a live underground cable which immediately gave him the electric shock and set him on fire. The man, who was an employee of another company asked by Amey to carry out the work, received burns to his to hands, arms, stomach, face, legs and chest.
A producer of concrete blocks has been fined £300,000 after an employee had to have a leg amputated.